ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
· Prescreens employment applications, interviews applicants, performs all new hire paperwork, including the I-9 process, and assists in other employment activities including internal interviews.
· Answers employee questions regarding benefits, enrolls new hourly employees in benefit plans; conducts short orientation to explain benefits during new hire paperwork process.
· Completes new hire paperwork accurately, neatly and timely. Conducts pre-new hire training, including safety with the Alchemy system. Performs diversified duties in the processing and record keeping of employee benefits and maintains all hourly personnel files.
· Develops and presents training programs for supervision in areas of discipline, harassment, new hire orientation, and other trainings as assigned.
· Coordinates and participates with discipline or termination proceedings with supervisors. Assists in keeping employees informed of all changes in personnel policies, counsels with employees on personnel policies and assists in solving complaints received from management and hourly employees.
· Ensures that employee appraisal and review programs are administered and that employee performance is evaluated.
· Maintains good public relations with various local businesses, civic groups and organizations in the community. Assists with local and limited nonlocal recruiting and distributes flyers and other advertising as needed.
· Assures that company employment, safety, labor relations, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws, including the maintenance of necessary files, etc.
· Assists the Safety Managers in collecting data and reviewing data with any recordable or non recordable incident for the area. Will perform and assist with basic safety functions.
· Maintains complete confidentiality regarding personnel files, medical files, employee data, and all Human Resources information.