Purpose & Scope: Maintains, tests, repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. This position applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles to insure consistent reliable operation of the technical equipment within and around the MAP/GB production area.
Principle Responsibilities: List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Oversees the data library for equipment controls and programming.
- Develops and executes planned maintenance programs for equipment within and supporting the MAP production areas.
- Develops and executes training for the MAP maintenance team to insure proper skill level is maintained to support the equipment for this operation.
- Works with the Corporate Engineering controls team to plan and execute technology based projects.
- Insure compliance to Local, State and Federal safety programs and works with the facility safety team to insure plant programs meet these requirements.
- Electrical Control maintenance to include: 110v control, 4-20mA, PLC Logic, HIM adjustment
- Physical demands: Climbing including ladders, lifting, working with a variety of hand and power tools, shop machines and tools.
- Work environment: Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions.
- This position will work a rotating shift assigned to either days or nights.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an industrial production facility or trade experience preferred.
- Special Skills:
- Strong computer skills
- General knowledge of machinery in plant that applies to the industry
- Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong Electrical/Electronic aptitude
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal